Sunday, March 18, 2007

Okay, so I was pretty sure that I was going to hate this reading. I mean, its about PowerPoint, but overall it wasnt bad at all. It raised a lot of interesting points that I had never stopped to consider. For example, I have has to bs my way through so many pwoerpoints in school, especially in high school, and I never once stoped to think about how much information I was glazing over instead worrying about wether to left or right justify, knowing all along that as long as it looks nice the information doesnt have to be quite as important. I really liked the suestion that on days in school when kids would be presenting powerpoints that they go to the Exploraorium instead, it makes so much more sense, especailly since I cant, off the top of my head, recall anything that I have ever learned in a power point presentation.
Some of the other questions that I was left with:

What would happen if we spoke in the same tounge as PP, in the reading it mentions that it would be "unwise and arragoant" but, I think that it would be more than that, because if people spoke in a simplified hierarchical bullet list there would be a huge shift in how much information was transfered.
also
The idea that the "more intense the detail the greater the clarity and understanding." I agree that for the most part it is better to have a detailed approach, but in a society where information overload is such problem allready can there be such a thing as too much?
also
What are peoples favorite PP effects? I think mine has to be the typewriter sound as it individually places each letter on the screen, for sheer entertainment value it wins.

No comments: